Day 5: Now we're Sevillians!

Today, we packed our bags, and we were off to Seville. We first walked to the train station and got past security pretty quickly. After that, we boarded the train. There was a big foldable table and a nice soft seat. We finished some work, ate a croissant, and played Candy Crush. Once we got off our train, we went to our very nice 4-floor apartment in downtown Seville. The first floor had an empty pool and a bedroom with a bathroom attached. The second floor had a full kitchen, a dining area, and a comfy living room. The third floor had three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The last floor had a washing machine and led to the terrace, which had beautiful views. After the apartment manager left us, we went for lunch and had pizzas and tapas. Afterward, we chilled out for a while and settled into our apartment (when we arrived, the cleaners were still cleaning the apartment). We then went for a little and had a yummy chocolate crepe with gelato. We also had a waffle with drizzled chocolate an

Day 1-2: One Destination, Two Days, Three Flights

November 16 was three days before thanksgiving break, but we're off anyway. We wanted to get our full two weeks of vacation in, given we didn't travel anywhere this summer. So, we packed our bags and left school early. Our uncle and grandmother had left India first, and our aunt and uncle-in-law left second. We were the third and last party to leave our home and travel to Madrid, our first destination in Spain. Our flight itinerary would take us from Austin to Frankfurt, Germany, and then to Madrid.

We took an Uber to the airport, where we easily made it through security. Once we made it through, we had an hour before we needed to board, so we decided to eat at The Peached Tortilla, an Asian fusion restaurant that serves tacos and rice bowls. We ordered the chicken tacos, the chicken rice bowl, and the cauliflower rice bowl. The food was truly amazing. There was a lot of rice, which definitely fueled us up for our flight. We then took the flight from Austin to Frankfurt. This was an overnight economy flight, so we were given a blanket and a pillow each. The flight was quite normal; we all got some work done, ate average airplane food, and slept and relaxed. The real problem came right before we landed.

I had lost one of my earbuds right before we descended into Frankfurt. My earbuds were shorter than an Airpod; worse, they were matte black. Playing loud music to the earbud didn't help us find it since the sound of the airplane was much louder. In the end, it would just waste the battery. All I could do was hope it didn't get crushed by someone or roll off into another area of the plane.

I just stood there waiting for the flight to be over so I could check the floor. I was supposed to be delighted when landing in Frankfurt, but I was scared. I didn't want to lose my earbud this early in the trip. We asked for some help from the flight attendants, but we didn't find it. I was so angry with myself. How could I have dropped my earbud and been so careless? Only when I had searched through my bag to find something else did I discover a miracle: the missing earbud. The earbud must have fallen right into my bag! Relief washed over me as I finally recovered from the chaos. I then promised my mom to be more careful.

In Frankfurt, we bought a pretzel and ate some food. Our next flight was in four hours, and we had nothing to do. We were tired from the flight: we barely got any sleep, and the time zone differences didn't help. So, we took naps, are rested for a bit. Our gate number changed three times, which was unpleasant since the two gates were on different sides of the terminal. Ultimately, we made it onto our flight and just slept through it! The four-hour flight was our four-hour nap, and it was quite relaxing.

That's all for now. Read our next post for our first night in Madrid!

Comments

  1. Ugh.. I’m so jealous that you’re in Spain right now … it look so much fun… luckily you found ur earbud !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Drive, Fly, Wait, Repeat

Day 5: Now we're Sevillians!